2011 Eco problems--too many! *Emission evap code* [Archive] - Chevrolet Cruze Forum and Holden Cruze Forum

View Full Version : 2011 Eco problems--too many! *Emission evap code*

Cruze'n_Colorado
08-14-2014, 02:34 AM
I bought my 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco (automatic) almost 5 months ago with just under 50K miles on it. Dealership provided a clean carfax, and a report of a full vehicle inspection performed by their service center. Only 3 days after driving off the lot I started feeling the steering wheel wobble and it got worse when I had made a sharp turn so I took it back, and the mechanic said it just needed oil... until he actually found a busted/ damaged coil in the steering column. As I was leaving the dealership from picking up my car it instantly over heated and shut off on me, luckily I was still in the parking lot and only got about 10 feet. I left my car there again and was called the next morning saying that the low speed fan wasn't coming on and they had to replace it, and the replacement part was being shipped from another state, it should be at the dealership in a few days. At that point I had driven the car for 3 days and had it in the shop for a week. I didn't have any problems after that up until about a week ago. It started with the service air bag light coming on and staying on for 2 days, then it went off but the check engine light came on then alternated between the two for 2 more days then they both went off and stayed off. However, my tire pressure monitor sensed the back drivers tire was low (28) so I put air in the tire.. but the monitor was showing air was put in the front passenger tire, and the back drivers was still showing no air being put in it. These tires were new when I bought the car. I took it in to Pepboys where they pulled the code and said it was emission evap (?) (No leak) and I called three times and got disconnected and I didn't get a chance to go in due to not having having a vehicle so I didn't get the full details. I have been trying to figure out on my own what would cause this to happen? Is this problem something that happens gradually or could it happen in a short period of time? Any comments with information is greatly appreciated!