Chevrolet Cruze SS Model Should Happen...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chevrolet Cruze SS Model Should Happen...

Chevrolet Cruze SS Model Should Happen...

I hear a SS version IS on the table in the discussion stages. While certainly NOT in stone... a 200 HP turbo entry was one powerplant mentioned for that (SS) option. While economy and profitability are on the front burner, it IS realized that a performance version is also a must to stay competitive. Probably late in the 2011 MY or entry 2012.

"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from poor judgment."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ChevroletCruze.net
    Advertisements

I heard that GM has re-instated its Performance Division allowing it to continue with R&D on its vehicles. Although, it will be assessed as to which vehicles earn the "SS" rights, I think Chevrolet Cruze has major potential for this!!

they are really sizing down if its supposed to be the replacement for the cobalt...cobalt had more potential than the cruze so far

LNF seems like a good engine...why change? 30 MPG with 260 HP?

what will the 200 HP "SS" engine yield in the gas mileage dept?

5. Remove Advertisements
    ChevroletCruze.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by nhanson View Post
    they are really sizing down if its supposed to be the replacement for the cobalt...cobalt had more potential than the cruze so far

LNF seems like a good engine...why change? 30 MPG with 260 HP?

what will the 200 HP "SS" engine yield in the gas mileage dept?
    I'm curious myself... I'll probably see what I can dig up from what GM was doing in other countries with the Cruze.

Forum Member

I doubt the SS nomenclature will ever be used on a sport compact again.

I think they should put the LNF in it, however get rid of the direct injection so that we can modify it more.
    - Ashleigh
    ChevroletCruze.net Writer

I hope they make an "SS" I would personally get one in a heart beat! A coupe SS would be even better yet!

lets all pray for a coupe ss model

For a sport compact, the SS Turbocharged was a fine car. I think it deserved the badges.

That being said, the LNF is a dead engine due to emissions regulations. If anything, a Cruze SS (if it ever comes to be) would most likely see the engine from the Regal GS.

GM Stage II | 2nd Gen Projectors | 5000K Low Beams | 3000K HID Fogs | LED Tails | SS/TC Seats
    ▲RIP 2007 G5: Totaled 1/26/10▲

atleast 250+ if they are going to make an SS model, do it right the first time