2012 Cruze LT RS pcv

Thread: 2012 Cruze LT RS pcv

2012 Cruze LT RS pcv

Interesting yet terrible design. The Cruze 1.4 engine was designed with the pcv molded into the valve cover. I can see the simplicity of this yet I don't see the overall benefit. When this valve goes bad there is idle issue, as well as oil blow back that dumps into the system above the turbo. That causes fault codes in both intake and exhaust. The fix requires a new valve cover. This photo is of my engine, keep in mind I use Castrol Edge Full Synthetic oil. I would assume the darkness of the oil is due to the heat since the intake system prior to this is completely clean and oil had been changed less then a thousand miles prior.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    ChevroletCruze.net
    Advertisements