2012 Cruze Transmission upgrade

Thread: 2012 Cruze Transmission upgrade

2012 Cruze Transmission upgrade

Hello all.
    Been following the forum for quite a while. Just decided to subscribe. So, this is my first actual post.

I am planning multiple engine upgrades for the 1.4t and am going to hopefully be pushing into the 300hp. Range. I know the 6t40 will not hold up to that kind of beating. But Still want to keep a 6 speed automatic. I have been researching 6t80s. I know bell housing/bolt patterns are different. Starter on the wrong side. Just to start. But I believe an adapter plate would be my biggest hurdle. My main issue at the moment is that I can't seem to find any kind of measurement s to compare the size difference s between the 6t40 and 6t80. I know there is roughly a 50lb. Difference in weight. Wish I could find some detailed drawings I could put into cad so that I could work something out.

Any thoughts? Advise? I know there is a tendency on these forums to be a douchebag to the new guy.... Just try to take it easy. lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    ChevroletCruze.net
    Advertisements