Trifecta Performance now offering tuning for the Chevrolet Cruze
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trifecta Performance now offering tuning for the Chevrolet Cruze

Trifecta Performance now offering tuning for the Chevrolet Cruze

Just thought I'd let everyone know on Vince's behalf that tuning is NOW AVAILABLE for the Chevrolet Cruze!

HP gain of 35, TQ gain of 54!

Mail out tuning kits are available from Lightning Eagle Automotive, feel free to contact myself if interested or your local Trifecta authorized dealer.

A rep from LEA will post up pricing shortly with pricing shortly.

Here is the dyno sheet for the Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 1.4L Turbo:

2. Remove Advertisements
    ChevroletCruze.net
    Advertisements

Forum Member
    orginally from KY. stationed in WV right now
    ive def. got to get a tune now.

Forum Member
    i wonder if this voids the warranty?

5. Remove Advertisements
    ChevroletCruze.net
    Advertisements

Well... it depends... since you're in the US, you have the lemon law so its not as bad.

With newer GM vehicles, not sure if applies to Cruze or not, I do believe it stores up to the past 10 tunes.

If you damage your vehicles engine or transmission, they may look at your flash/tune from factory, notice its aftermarket and may look at it funny. They can fight with you all they want but they need to PROOVE without a doubt, this was a cause of a failure with your engine or transmission.

People who express these concerns can also purchase a Trifecta cable & tune from Lightning Eagle Automotive if they wish to keep the cable to go back to stock tune when taking to dealer for warranty repairs/etc.

PM me if you're interested in tuning, I'll make sure we can do something for you... what type of engine you have? Was it the 1.8L or the 1.4L Turbo?

Quote Originally Posted by LARRY01Z28 View Post
    i wonder if this voids the warranty?
    Technically GM can invalidate your powertrain warranty if ANY aftermarket part is installed, including a tune - if they find it. They generally need a reason to do so, though - if they are looking at having to warranty an engine replacement, for instance, they might take a really close look at things.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceTrifecta View Post
    Technically GM can invalidate your powertrain warranty if ANY aftermarket part is installed, including a tune - if they find it. They generally need a reason to do so, though - if they are looking at having to warranty an engine replacement, for instance, they might take a really close look at things.
    Bingo.

When having my transmission replaced on my 2006 Pontiac G5... I did an ECU swap and Vince flashed my stock tune to it... they didn't say a thing lol.

Forum Member
    hell in my camaro i broke the rear end. they said next time if you can take the nitrous bottle out. lol

i have the 1.4L turbo gasoline motor.
    6 speed auto.

Does this tune for the 1.4 require premium fuel (91+) to make those numbers or was this done on regular 87 octane???

Quote Originally Posted by Skilz10179 View Post
    Does this tune for the 1.4 require premium fuel (91+) to make those numbers or was this done on regular 87 octane???
    This was on premium unleaded fuel. I haven't tried tuning for 87 octane but I don't believe much, if any, additional boost over stock will be possible on 87 octane fuel

I pretty much figured that but i had to ask...