Data Logging

Thread: Data Logging

Data Logging

There is a little debate on another forum about what grade fuel should be used on a stock untuned 1.4T. Since i assume you guys at Trifecta have done some data logging with this motor i was hoping you could shed some light on this topic. The question is if using 87 octane is it just the knock sensor holding the ignition timing back / will the ecu allow more timing advance if you add higher octane fuel and the knock sensor is not sensing and knock?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ChevroletCruze.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Skilz10179 View Post
    There is a little debate on another forum about what grade fuel should be used on a stock untuned 1.4T. Since i assume you guys at Trifecta have done some data logging with this motor i was hoping you could shed some light on this topic. The question is if using 87 octane is it just the knock sensor holding the ignition timing back / will the ecu allow more timing advance if you add higher octane fuel and the knock sensor is not sensing and knock?
    The factory calls for 87 octane. Economy and performance may be slightly better with higher octane fuels, but I don't have any data to support that assertion.