Problem with USB

Thread: Problem with USB

Problem with USB

I have the problem that my Cruze does not recognize my 2.5" USB Harddrive (ADATA Classic CH94, 500 GB).
    There is no directory structure (previously I had a tree, but I deleted it when the drive was not recognized the first time) after I formatted the drive (FAT32) with HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool.

When I connect the external USB drive with the USB connector in the USB outlet in my Cruze, the external USB drive will start (blue LED at the drive is turned on and I hear the harddrive running) but at the console display the USB drive is not detected.
    Of course the drive works immediately when I connect it through USB to my Sony notebook.
    I tried also an USB stick (4 GB), which is reognized immediately by my Cruze.

What should/can I do to solve the problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ChevroletCruze.net
    Advertisements

A portable 2.5" hard disk needs an additional power source in some instances and I suspect that the USB port in the Cruze does not provide enough power. With some laptop computers you can experience similar problems, which is why the hard disk manufacturers sometimes supply a double headed plug assembly to use the power from two USB sources. Of course, you won't find two USB ports in the Cruze! Maybe your hard drive has a 12v input you could connect from the cigarette lighter socket - at your own risk, of course!

Thanks for responding. Might be the case that the USB port in the Cruze will not provide enough power. That could be the/an explanation why the (blue) LED at my portable 2.5" hard disk is on (steady) when connected to the Cruze USB port. Strange is that as soon as connected, I hear the hard disk running/spinning. Anyway, can I measure that USB power so I can compare it with that at my laptop?

My portable 2.5" hard disk does not have a 12V input.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ChevroletCruze.net
    Advertisements

I have the same problem you can ask this company they helped me to fix the my problem.
    https://smarty-trend.com/16-chevrole...-car-dvd-units