chevy cruze auto start remote

Thread: chevy cruze auto start remote

Forum Member

chevy cruze auto start remote

hi all just wondering if a key brought from usa with auto start feature will it work on my aussie holen cruze ? has anyone done this before ?

thanks Adam

2. Remove Advertisements
    ChevroletCruze.net
    Advertisements

I assume that will depend on if your Holden as an auto-start built in. The key transmitter would then have to be matched to the frequency of the remote-starter (or vice-versa).

Forum Member
    Hmm i wonder who i can ask ? my car just has the key start and whats the onstar thing the chevys have ?

Adam

5. Remove Advertisements
    ChevroletCruze.net
    Advertisements

OnStar is a subscription service provided by General Motors. Roadside assistance and all that. Mostly in USA and Canada - I'm not sure if they offer it in Oz.

Your best bet would be to take it to your dealership and ask them. While the Holden Cruze may be identical to the Chevy Cruze, your Holden is actually made in Australia. There could be issues with compatibility of the electronics.

Would it not be easier to just get a remote starter installed by your dealership and an updated key? At least then you know it'll work properly.

Forum Member
    ok and also USA cruzes have flash looking auto rear view mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by AFROFROGGY View Post
    ok and also USA cruzes have flash looking auto rear view mirrors

Your best bet would be to take it to your dealership and ask them. While the Holden Cruze may be identical to the Chevy Cruze, your Holden is actually made in Australia. There could be issues with compatibility of the electronics.