Intake Mod on 2.0L Turbo Diesel
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intake Mod on 2.0L Turbo Diesel

Thumbs up Intake Mod on 2.0L Turbo Diesel

On my 2.0L Turbo Diesel, I replaced the standed panel filter with a K&N pod filter to gauge the difference. And what a difference! The less restricted airflow really helps the turbo spool up easier and there is a noticable power increase. I then modified the cold air intake pipe to help get more air to the filter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ChevroletCruze.net
    Advertisements

I personally love K&N's products... their wet-flow based filters do make an incredible difference that I have noticed... I don't agree with their claimed HP gain but I do agree with better performance and mileage.

Any issue with warranty putting that air filter on ?

5. Remove Advertisements
    ChevroletCruze.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Thommo10 View Post
    Any issue with warranty putting that air filter on ?
    If the warranty in Australia is anything similar to what it is in the USA... I will tell you there should not be... not unless you throw a CEL (Check Engine Light) for MAF sensor or for intake system, then its up to you to resolve.

While installing K&N filter, its recommend you pull the negative terminal on your battery to allow the ECU to reset so it will pick up on the change in flow of the air and relearn.

What about warranty in India? What kind of modifications could I do without affecting my warranty? Any ideas?

Saw a Police show on TV the other night and they fined a guy for having a non-standard filter on his modified Nissan GTR.

RIC, you had any troubles with the filter (i.e: cleaning it, etc) ?

Could someone perhaps list as many Cruze modifications that would be the least controversial in general and the effect they have on improving the Cruze please???

I only put on the pod filter aa an experiment to see if it flowed better - and it does! This is being replaced with a proper k&n panel filter for the air box so that I can't get in trouble for the pod filter. Thommo, the filters are easy as to clean. Get rid of the filter oil out of them by spaying it with degreaser then rinsing it out with water. DO NOT RE-OIL. The oil wrecks the airflow meter.Cleaning after that is just warm soapy water and a rinse. Hope this helps

Received my new K&n pannel filter yesterday, had it imported from the USA. It cost exactly half as much to import as it would to buy it here. Now it's time to make up a better cold air intake. For all other diesel owners, the K&N part number is 33-2966

CRUZEN ALONG